The best way to begin race weekend, whether you are warming up your legs for the longer stuff on Sunday or striving for a PR, is on the boardwalk at the 5K.
The race kicks off the RWJBarnabas Health Family Day which includes kids races and family-friendly entertainment for everyone.
Saturday, April 28th
5K Race Starts at 9AM
@ The Great Lawn at Ocean Promenade, Long Branch
$30 thru 10/4
$35 after 10/4
Access to pre-race party at the Diadora Race Exposition
Uninterrupted running along the Boardwalk at Long Branch
8:00am: 5K + Kids Races race day registration and PPU opens
8:45am: 5K registration and PPU closes
9:00am: RWJBarnabas Health Family Day activities begin
9:00am: 5K start
9:45am: Kids Races race day registration and PPU closes
10:00am: 1.2 mile Kids Race start (Ages 8+)
10:30am: 1/2 mile Kids Race start (Ages 7 - 8)
10:50am: 1/4 mile Kids Race start (Ages 5 - 6)
11:10am: 50 yard dash Kids Race start (Ages 2 - 4)
12:00pm: RWJBarnabas Health Family Day closes
If you have separation anxiety with the ocean, this course is for you. The 5K is entirely contained on the Long Branch Boardwalk.
Awards will be given for 1st-3rd Males and Females for each of the following age divisions:
Ages 19 & under
70+ (top 3 overall and top 3 Male/Female for 70+ runners)
- Use the clear bag check bag that was provided to you at packet pickup to stow your stuff.
- We will have a sectioned-off, attended area next to the Registration / Packet Pick Up tent.
- Pacers Running will not be responsible for lost, stolen, or damaged items. Please do not bring valuables.
- The gear check area will shut down at 12:00PM. Any uncollected items will be taken to gear check on Sunday.
THE "FINE PRINT"
- Must Maintain a 15 minute per mile pace.
- Race is rain or shine.
- Race bibs can be picked up at Packet Pickup at the Diadora Race Exposition or on race morning at the race site.
- Race Day Registration is available if the event has not sold out.
- Strollers are allowed in the 5K but we ask that stroller participants line up in the rear of the corral for runner safety.
Questions? Check out our FAQ and our new 2018 Athlete Guide coming soon with all the exciting updates for this year's race!